Life on the Palouse

from lake superior to wheatfields, from grad student to professor, from my sauna to ... i haven't figured that out yet

9.20.2006

rhetoric class

I really really like teaching my rhetoric class, and I really really don't like teaching my technical communication class--does this mean things even out? Rhetoric is fun, we get to look at all sorts of cool examples and talk about how arguments work/don't work. Tech comm is like stabbing my eye out with a fork. I need to find a way to hopefully never teach tech comm again, it's just so painful. Basically it feels like you're just teaching students formulas for creating effective texts in the workplace. I can see how that is pratical and valuable, but good lord it's boring. I need to get through 10 more weeks. 10. ugh.

I have a weird fuzzy feeling in my head today and I hope it's not a cold coming on, as we're headed to Seattle this weekend to visit jokes (who is visiting her sister). My students all had the stomach flu a few weeks ago, which I successfully avoided. Now they all seem to have colds, which I need to successfully avoid as well. Why are students so germy? Why can't I take a sauna to chase it off? Perhaps I need to go buy some whiskey. We've had no liquor in the house since we moved here, since we got rid of it all before we left and now we have to make an effort to go to the state-run liquor store, as they don't sell it anywhere else. Beer and wine are everywhere, but liquor not so much.

It's been cold and cloudy lately, odd weather to go from sunny and 95 to cloudy and 50. Next week looks warmer, this is good. 70s are where it's at.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home