Life on the Palouse

from lake superior to wheatfields, from grad student to professor, from my sauna to ... i haven't figured that out yet

12.20.2006

belated snow pictures

Since we no longer have snow, and apparantly neither does the UP, I thought I'd post some snow pics from a few weeks ago. We had a good 3 weeks of snow on the ground here, it was quite pretty. For example, the view out our back door:



On our Christmas letter you'll see a nice pic Jeff took at this artisan's barn in Uniontown (think Ahmeek) but here's another pic:


So yeah, that was snow in Pullman. Tahdah!

We had a birthday party last weekend for our friends Jessica, Ruth, and Nishant. It was fun, but people stayed until 2am which is something I haven't done since Houghton. I was feeling pretty gross on Sunday. Some pics of people:

Ruth (new cello prof), Keri (new oboe prof), and Andy (Keri's husband, former high school string teacher, now house husband) discover the Keweenaw--


I turned Grandma Bernie's old vanity into a bar. Hoorah for Finnish inventiveness:


Oh, and in 10 minutes Ruth learned how to play the accordian. Musicians suck.


I guess that's about it. There are other photos but I'm too lazy to resize them.

We're headed to Spokane tomorrow night and then flying to Chicago on Friday morning. Driving from Chicago to Houghton on Saturday w/ the Martins. Should be fun.

See many of you soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home